*This post was sponsored by Mirum. All opinions and thoughts are my own
When you’re out living it up at festivals, there is nothing worse than having your hair stuck in your face all day. I absolutely love the braided look, but some are hard to achieve on your own. I was watching my friend Miranda over at Slashed Beauty and she had this super cute half up braided mohawk style and I knew I wanted to create something similar. It looked like the perfect hairstyle to keep my hair out of my face especially in this heat. Thanks to CVS & TRESemme, I think it turned out pretty cute and took less than 20 minutes!
What You’ll Need from CVS:
- TRESemme Repair & Protect 7 Shampoo + Conditioner – Need damage control? This line from TRESemme is their most powerful repairing system yet. It’s formulated to counteract seven—yes seven—types of styling damage: bleaching, braiding, curling, brushing, coloring, blow drying and straightening.
- TRESemme MicroMist HairSpray – (I chose the Smooth version as it’s my favorite, but any will work!) This hairspray will keep your look in place all day without making your hair feel stiff or crunchy. It’s my ride or die!
- Small Hair Elastics
- Wash & Dry your hair with the TRESemme Repair + Protect 7 Shampoo + Conditioner
- Divide out a section of hair for the braid. To do this, you’ll want to create two parallel part lines at the corners of the forehead and clip down the bottom hair so it doesn’t get in your way
- Start to pick up sections of the hair and begin braiding. You can do a regular or french braid for this style – Either looks super cute!
- Tie off the end of the braid with your elastic band
- Gently backcomb the ponytail a little bit to add some additional volume
- Spritz the ponytail & the braid with TRESemme Micromist Hairspray for hold and to smooth down any flyaways
- Optional Step: Curl the rest of your hair with a curling wand
It’s as simple as that!
- Spend $15 on participating TRESemmé, Suave, Dove, and Nexxus Hair Care products at CVS and receive $5 extrabucks rewards from 9/9 – 9/15! This offer has a limit of ONE (1) per household with card. More info can be found HERE